Please note: The Multi-Piano concert will be postponed until 2022. We will use the same music and will update rehearsal and concert dates as soon as possible.
|Dates:||Rehearsals: Nov. 21, 2020 and Jan. 9, 2021
Concert: Jan. 10, 2021 at 2:00pm and 4:30pm
|Registration:||August 1 – September 30, 2020
|Fee:||$20 per person|
|Locations:||Rehearsal Nov. 21: Shining Light Music, Lee’s Summit, MO
Rehearsal Jan. 9:Bell Cultural Events Center
Concerts Jan. 10: Bell Cultural Events Center
|Chair:||Heather Lewis, email@example.com|
The 2021 Multi-Piano concerts will be held Sunday, January 10, 2021 at Mid-America Nazarene University Bell Cultural Events Center. This year’s theme is “Reflections of America.” We are thrilled to welcome back Mr. Chad Reed as our conductor, and will wear red, white and blue as our concerts feature patriotic music and other American favorites.
Enrollment begins August 1 – please plan now to participate in this great opportunity for your students to experience collaborative playing under a conductor.
Attached are repertoire lists and details, performer guidelines, waiver, enrollment and teacher volunteer forms and rehearsal schedules. The first rehearsal will be held at Shining Light Music’s new location on Saturday, November 21, 2020, and the final rehearsal will be held at the Bell Center on Saturday, January 9, 2021.
If you would like to assist with this event by volunteering to help with rehearsal, publicity, or programs, please contact Heather Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview video produced in association with Blue Valley Center for Advanced Professional Studies
The Multi-Piano Concert is a unique performance opportunity for students of KCMTA members. The event features many levels of performers on a stage filled with grand pianos simultaneously playing duet repertoire under the direction of a conductor. The concerts, which originated in 1993, have grown from 200 participating students to over 550 performers.
Eligibility and Fees: KCMTA teachers, their students and the families of the students are encouraged to participate. A participation fee of $20.00 per person, whether student or family member, is due at the time of enrollment. Teachers who are not a member of KCMTA are required to submit a $75.00 entry fee. There is no entry fee for KCMTA members with fully paid dues.
Enrolled students MUST be able to do the following:
- Students must be a minimum of 6 years old at the time of enrollment to participate in the concerts. Students performing at the elementary level must be paired with an advanced student or adult.
- KCMTA strongly recommends enrolling students at their present ability level or slightly below – please do not “stretch” your students.
- In the event a piece does not have sufficient enrollment, it will be removed from one concert.
- Enrollments will not be processed until a completed enrollment form, waiver, teacher work form and payment have been received. Enrolling in the concert denotes the performer and teacher have agreed to the performer guidelines.
- Enrollment fees will not be refunded once an enrollment has been processed.
- Students and teachers may not switch pieces after the enrollment deadline. Any changes before the enrollment deadline must be communicated to Amy Pennington to see if there is still room in the concert for additional performers.
- In order for this event to be a success, all participating teachers must help. The number of shifts you are assigned will be proportionate to the number of students your have enrolled. Those with 10 or more students should plan on working two shifts. Ideally, these shifts will not overlap times you are performing.
Rehearsals: Performers must attend two mandatory rehearsals prior to the concerts. Performers are only required to be present at rehearsals during the time when their selection(s) are being rehearsed. Rehearsals will be November 21, 2020 at Shining Light Music and January 9, 2021 at Bell Cultural Arts Center.
Repertoire – the following stores will have the repertoire in stock for you to browse:
- Shining Light Music, 616 SW 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit, MO
- Meyer Music, 1512 US-40, Blue Springs, MO
- Meyer Music, 6312 NW Barry Rd #14, Kansas City, MO 64154
- Meyer Music, 11890 W 135th St, Overland Park, KS
Concert Tickets: General admission tickets are priced at $6.00 each , and will be sold at the Bell Event Center during January 9 rehearsals and before January 10 performances.