KCMTA announces the 2018 Multi Piano Concerts. The concerts will be held at 2:00 and 4:00 on January 7, 2018 at the Bell Cultural Arts Center in Olathe, KS. The theme is “Let the Games Begin” as we look forward to the Winter Olympics.
Multi-Piano Overview Video
Produced in collaboration with the CAPS Filmmaking Studio and the Blue Valley School District
|Dates:||Rehearsals: Dec. 16, 2017 and Jan. 6, 2018
Concert: Jan. 7, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
|Registration:||July 1 – September 30, 2017
|Times:||Rehearsal Dec. 16, 2017
Rehearsal Jan. 6, 2018
|Fee:||$20 per person|
|Locations:||Rehearsal Dec. 16: Schmitt Music Center, Overland Park, KS
Rehearsal Jan. 6:Bell Cultural Events Center
Concerts Jan. 7: Bell Cultural Events Center
|Chair:||Deana Haines, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Multi-Piano is filling rapidly this year. So, get your registrations in soon.
2:00 & 4:00 Egyptian Princess/Gypsy Serenade
The Multi-Piano Concert is a unique performance opportunity for students of KCMTA members. The event features 28 performers on 14 grand pianos simultaneously playing duet repertoire under the direction of a conductor. The concerts, which originated in 1993, have grown from 200 participating students to over 550 performers.
Eligibility and Fees: KCMTA teachers, their students and the families of the students are encouraged to participate. A participation fee of $20.00 per person, whether student or family member, is due at the time of enrollment. Teachers who are not a member of KCMTA are required to submit a $75.00 entry fee. There is no entry fee for KCMTA members with fully paid dues.
Enrolled students MUST be able to do the following:
- Students must be a minimum of 6 years old at the time of enrollment to participate in the concerts. Students performing at the elementary level must be paired with an advanced student or adult.
- KCMTA strongly recommends enrolling students at their present ability level or slightly below – please do not “stretch” your students.
- In the event a piece does not have sufficient enrollment, it will be removed from one concert.
- Enrollments will not be processed until a completed enrollment form, teacher work form and payment have been received. Enrolling in the concert denotes the performer and teacher have agreed to the performer guidelines.
- Enrollment fees will not be refunded once an enrollment has been processed.
- In order for this event to be a success, all participating teachers must help. The number of shifts you are assigned will be proportionate to the number of students your have enrolled. Those with 10 or more students should plan on working two shifts. Ideally, these shifts will not overlap times you are performing.
Rehearsals: Performers must attend two mandatory rehearsals prior to the concerts. Performers are only required to be present at rehearsals during the time when their selection(s) are being rehearsed. Rehearsals will be December 16, 2017 at Schmitt Music and January 6, 2018 at Bell Cultural Arts Center.
The following stores have been provided the repertoire information:
- Luyben Music, 4318 Main, KCMO
- Shining Light Music, 129 SE 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit
- REW, 12842 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa
- Meyer Music, 11890 W 135th St, Overland Park
Concert Tickets: General admission tickets are priced at $6.00 each. There will be an option to purchase reserved seating online for $6 a ticket, after enrollment is completed.