KCMTA announces the 2020 Multi Piano Concerts. The concerts will be held January 5, 2020 at the Bell Cultural Arts Center in Olathe, KS. This year’s theme is “Back to the Classics”. The concerts will feature classic music from different genres, including music by the many great composers, as well as a little ragtime rock ‘n roll, and folk music.
Plan now to participate in this great opportunity for your students to experience collaborative playing under a conductor. Students will also have an opportunity to design the program cover for this event.
If you would like to assist with this event by volunteering to help with rehearsal, publicity, or programs, please contact Deana Haines, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our conductor this year will be Mr. Chad Reed. Mr. Reed has become a favorite of KCMTA. We look forward to working with him again in this year’s concerts.
Multi-Piano Overview Video
Produced in collaboration with the CAPS Filmmaking Studio and the Blue Valley School District
|Dates:||Rehearsals: Nov. 23, 2019 and Jan. 4, 2020
Concert: Jan. 5, 2020 at 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
|Registration:||July 1 – September 30, 2019
|Times:||Rehearsal Nov. 23, 2019, 8:30 a.m.
Rehearsal Jan. 4, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
|Fee:||$20 per person|
|Locations:||Rehearsal Nov. 23: Shining Light Music, Lee’s Summit, MO
Rehearsal Jan. 4:Bell Cultural Events Center
Concerts Jan. 5: Bell Cultural Events Center
|Chair:||Deana Haines, email@example.com|
The Multi-Piano Concert is a unique performance opportunity for students of KCMTA members. The event features 28 performers on 14 grand pianos simultaneously playing duet repertoire under the direction of a conductor. The concerts, which originated in 1993, have grown from 200 participating students to over 550 performers.
Eligibility and Fees: KCMTA teachers, their students and the families of the students are encouraged to participate. A participation fee of $20.00 per person, whether student or family member, is due at the time of enrollment. Teachers who are not a member of KCMTA are required to submit a $75.00 entry fee. There is no entry fee for KCMTA members with fully paid dues.
Enrolled students MUST be able to do the following:
- Students must be a minimum of 6 years old at the time of enrollment to participate in the concerts. Students performing at the elementary level must be paired with an advanced student or adult.
- KCMTA strongly recommends enrolling students at their present ability level or slightly below – please do not “stretch” your students.
- In the event a piece does not have sufficient enrollment, it will be removed from one concert.
- Enrollments will not be processed until a completed enrollment form, teacher work form and payment have been received. Enrolling in the concert denotes the performer and teacher have agreed to the performer guidelines.
- Enrollment fees will not be refunded once an enrollment has been processed.
- In order for this event to be a success, all participating teachers must help. The number of shifts you are assigned will be proportionate to the number of students your have enrolled. Those with 10 or more students should plan on working two shifts. Ideally, these shifts will not overlap times you are performing.
Rehearsals: Performers must attend two mandatory rehearsals prior to the concerts. Performers are only required to be present at rehearsals during the time when their selection(s) are being rehearsed. Rehearsals will be November 23, 2019 at Shining Light Music and January 4, 2020 at Bell Cultural Arts Center.
The following stores have been provided the repertoire information:
- Luyben Music, 4318 Main, KCMO
- Shining Light Music, 611 SW 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit
- REW, 12842 87th St Pkwy, Lenexa
- Meyer Music, 11890 W 135th St, Overland Park
- Olathe Music Academy, 14002 W. 135th St., Olathe
Concert Tickets: General admission tickets are priced at $6.00 each. There will be an option to purchase reserved seating online for $6 a ticket, after enrollment is completed.