Hello Piano Teachers and friends,Playing for Paws 2017 will take place on April 28th (Friday PM) and April 29th (Saturday AM & PM) at our usual location in front of US Bank at 9th and Massachusetts in Lawrence, KS. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Playing for Paws, here’s a description:
Created in 2011, Playing for Paws is a non-profit event hosted by Jamie Bone and the Lawrence Humane Society where students of all ages play music in downtown Lawrence to raise money for the Lawrence Humane Society. This event is an exciting opportunity for music students to get unique performance opportunities while serving their communities at the same time!
- You can enter any amount of students (of any age) you wish.
- Participation is completely free.
- Any type of repertoire is welcome. (Arrangements, duets, method books, etc. are perfectly acceptable.)
- Students can play as many songs as they wish. I’ve seen students play as little as 1 to as many as 20!
- Students frequently play their pieces more than once (simply because the audience changes every 5 minutes!)
- Memorization is encouraged (but not required) simply for the fact that we’re performing outdoors and the wind can make sheet music a tad difficult.
- This is a very low stress event. It’s a perfect way to prepare your students for other performances such as Guild, studio recitals, etc. Plus, the kids have a lot of fun at this event!
The amount of our donations goes up every year simply because we get more performers each year. So I want to encourage you and your students to participate! If you are willing to participate, simply email me. I’ll schedule your students when they want to perform or keep them together as a group. There is no deadline. I’ll accept new performers at any time. Here is a link to our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PlayingforPaws/?fref=ts Email me if you have questions.
I know there is a lot of time between now and April, so put it on your calendar, talk to your students, and send me an email when you make your decision.
I hope to hear from all of you!
Thank you!Jamie BoneJamie’s Piano Studio405-365-0073