THE 2020 KCMTA FALL FESTIVAL WILL BE HELD ONLINE DUE TO SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS SURROUNDING COVID-19.
Online registration will be open from August 1st – September 19th. Video entries will be due by October 25th. Registrants will receive video submission details by October 1st. Thank you for your patience as we modify this event!
Fall Festival 2020: Celebrating Music of the Contemporary Period
Fall Festival 2021: Celebrating Music of the Baroque Period
Fall Festival 2022: Celebrating Music of the Classical Period
Fall Festival 2023: Celebrating Music of the Romantic Period
|Sat. October 24, 2020||Piano|
|Sun. October 25, 2020||Piano, Vocal, Strings, Adults (Afternoon only)||
MidAmerica Nazarene University Olathe
Coordinator — Lisa J. Wilson, email@example.com, 913-481-4541
Fall Festival Student Requirements
- Perform one memorized piece of period literature for an adjudicator (Adults may use music)
Contemporary Period (c.1900-present) Please use your judgement when selecting composers. Original music copyrighted after 1900 will be allowed. Transcriptions, abridgements, or arrangements will not be allowed for the piano entries. Email Lisa Wilson regarding questions about a composer.
- Each student must have his or her own original score for judge’s use, measures numbered. Accompanist must also have original score.
- No photocopies will be allowed unless accompanied by written permission of the publisher.
- Downloaded music needs to have a receipt attached, proving purchase of each download.
- All photocopies need to have a release form for copyright. Please read carefully before signing. This form does not excuse or permit copied music. Its purpose is to protect KCMTA.
- Entrants have a time limit of five minutes. It is permissible to play two shorter pieces/movements as long as the five minute time limit is not exceeded.
- Students will receive a ribbon, a certificate and a written evaluation with a rating. In addition, a student earns points toward a Fall Festival Award plaque engraved with his or her name and the year in which the award was received. A plaque is awarded each time twelve points are earned
|Highest Honors||4 points||Purple Ribbon|
|High Honors||3 points||Blue Ribbon|
|Honors||2 points||Red Ribbon|
|Honorable Mention||1 point||White Ribbon|
Participation in KCMTA Fall Festival requires Registration, Payment and a Studio Volunteer.
- PayPal option for online payment! (Checks still accepted. All checks should be made out to KCMTA. See confirmation email for details.)
- Non-refundable Fees:
$18 per student with no teacher fee for KCMTA members
$18 per student plus $25 teacher fee for members of MTNA
$18 per student plus $75 teacher with no MTNA membership
- We will also accept registrations at the Fall Kick-Off Meeting, Saturday, September 19th.
- Once the established schedule is emailed to you, there is no option but to perform in the recital at your scheduled time. No changes will be made via email or on the day of Fall Festival.
Find the Fall Festival site at http://kcmta.tenutoweb.com/
Login: kcmta + teacher code (example: kcmta5555)
Password: teacher last name in lower case letters (example: smith)
Please email David Tauscher firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You are a teacher without a sign-in code
- You are a teacher registering a transfer student who has previously attended Fall Festival under a different teacher.
Siblings can be scheduled in same recital only when indicated on registration.
Studio volunteer: The KCMTA Fall Festival is a teacher-staffed event. We need and appreciate every studio helping in some way.
- Teachers will be emailed a signupgenious.com link of Shifts and Stations after September 22.
- Please sign up for a position and timeslot that works best for you.
- We also welcome responsible and dependable parents, college students and students seeking Community Service Hours.