Fall Festival 2017: Celebrating Music of the Baroque Period
Fall Festival 2018: Celebrating Music of the Classical Period
Fall Festival 2019: Celebrating Music of the Romantic Period
Fall Festival 2020: Celebrating Music of the Contemporary Period
|Sat. October 14, 2017||Piano||Bell Cultural Events Center
MidAmerica Nazarene University Olathe
|Sun. October 15, 2017||Piano, Vocal, Strings, Adults (Afternoon only)||Bell Cultural Events Center
MidAmerica Nazarene University Olathe
Enrollment — Lisa J. Wilson, email@example.com, 913-481-4541
Fall Festival Student Requirements
- Perform one memorized piece of period literature for an adjudicator (Adults may use music)
Contemporary Period (c.1900-present) Please use your judgement when selecting composers. Original music copyrighted after 1900 will be allowed. Transcriptions, abridgements, or arrangements will not be allowed for the piano entries. Email Lisa Wilson regarding questions about a composer.
- Each student must have his or her own original score.
No photocopies will be allowed unless accompanied by written permission of the publisher.
All photocopies need to have a release form for copyright.
Downloaded music needs to have a copy of a receipt attached
- Entrants have a time limit of five minutes. It is permissible to play two shorter pieces/movements as long as the five minute time limit is not exceeded.
- Students will receive a ribbon, a certificate and a written evaluation with a rating. In addition, a student earns points toward a Fall Festival Award plaque engraved with his or her name and the year in which the award was received. A plaque is awarded each time twelve points are earned
|Highest Honors||4 points||Purple Ribbon|
|High Honors||3 points||Blue Ribbon|
|Honors||2 points||Red Ribbon|
|Honorable Mention||1 point||White Ribbon|
Participation in KCMTA Fall Festival requires Registration, Payment and a Studio Volunteer.
- Online Registration will open August 1, 2017 and remain open through Friday, September 8, 2017.
- NEW PayPal option for online payment! (Checks still accepted.)
- Non-refundable Fees:
$18 per student with no teacher fee for KCMTA members
$18 per student plus $25 teacher fee for members of MTNA
$18 per student plus $75 teacher with no MTNA membership
- We will also accept registrations at the Fall Kick-Off Meeting, Saturday, September 9th. The information packets formerly distributed at the Kick-Off meeting will now come later via email, giving teachers a paperless option for studio communication.
- Once the established schedule is emailed to you, every effort should be made to play at assigned time. The smallest of changes can cause the greatest confusion, resulting in comments and ratings on the wrong sheets, etc.
- NEW Option for Last Minute Changes: There will be an extra recital at the end of each half-day session (late morning, late afternoon) for students who are already registered but unable to make assigned times.
Find the Fall Festival site at http://kcmta.tenutoweb.com/
Login: kcmta + teacher code (example: kcmta5555)
Password: teacher last name in lower case letters (example: smith)
For teachers without a sign-in code or with students (transfers) who have performed in Fall Festival in the past but are NOT on the list of students, please contact David Tauscher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDIO VOLUNTEER: The KCMTA Fall Festival is a teacher-staffed event. We need and appreciate every studio helping in some way.
- NEW Volunteer Sign-Up replaces former Teacher Work Form: Teachers will be emailed a signupgenious.com link of Shifts and Stations.
- Please sign up for a position and timeslot that works best for you.
- We also welcome responsible and dependable parents, college students and students seeking Community Service Hours.
- There will be an opportunity to sign up on hard-copy Sign-up Sheet at the September 9th Kick-off Meeting.